Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Honkin' diamonds are not completely out of reach

If you live near their stores, you may find their ubiquitous radio ads terribly annoying, but I love the Shane Company. That statement is remarkable for several reasons:
1. I am secretly a hippie chick. I always thought I wouldn't want diamonds; I wasn't at all into jewelry when I was younger. But when I hit 30 something happened and rows of sparkly diamonds and rubies and sapphires seem like a very good idea.
2. Even still, affinity for a chain diamond store isn't really my style.

Here's why I love The Shane Company, though, and why it made this list early: the trade-in policy.

You can take anything you bought there back for a 100% credit if you trade up -- and you only have to spend $1 more. I've done this several times and now have a fun little collection. I cannot tell you how fabulous it was to take my wedding ring in and get a bunch of new necklaces, diamond earrings... I spent hours. It was a lot of fun and didn't cost me very much money.

So get the ring you can afford now, and every year celebrate your anniversary by trading up until you never want to take that ring off your finger again! Reaffirm your commitment... every year make an investment symbolizing the relationship. Then start on the bracelets and pendants. There are great restaurants near the Westminster location -- make it a tradition! You can afford fine things!

No comments: