Monday, November 12, 2007

The Perfect Percentage

What's your perfect percentage? For a fun little party game or after-dinner activity, set out chocolate from lowest to highest concentration of cocoa. You may want to start lower than we did here -- we're in Switzerland and eat our chocolate dark. The night we did this, there were three of us, two Americans and a guy from Cameroon. He said in Cameroon most people like milk chocolate, like in the US.
We liked different percentages. The 74% bar became his, 72% was my favorite and Amy liked a tiny little bit less, I think. I find 69% - 72% is my acceptable level, unless there are add-ins like good toasted hazelnuts, chopped coffee beans or cocoa nibs. Then I'm a little more flexible. Good luck finding your own perfect percentage! Have fun!

No comments: