Monday, June 11, 2007

Bufalini ed espressi

Fine things are where you find them, and sometimes I find mine on the autostrada (highway). This is another fine thing I was led to by a Galloni, but Stefan reminded me of it a few years later.

Whenever we're on the autostrada in Italy, we stop into an Autogrill for a grilled Bufalino sandwich (I like the Gran Provolo, too) and espressi. Some of these roadside stops also have fine pasta and salad bars. On the way from Torino to Milano last year I had a great three-pasta plate with different hot sauces made while I waited.

Oh, and these you can definitely afford! 3 Euros 70, I think, for a Bufalino. Two weeks ago Stefan and I got big, crusty croissants filled with crema (vanilla custard) straight out of the oven.

Fine, fine things all...

No comments: