Saturday, July 21, 2007

A day at Lavey-les-Bains

Near the famous waters of Evian, France you can probably afford three (24 Swiss francs) or four hours at Lavey-les Bains. Locals say the words lovingly, as in, "Ooooooooooooh, you're going to Lavey-les-Bains? Today? Maybe I'll drop everything and come along..." Remarkably, it wasn't crowded when my friend Amy and I were there in the middle of the day in July.

I don't normally like pools, especially where lots of people go. They kind of creep me out. Not Lavey-les-Bains. This was fine, and I mean like a fine thing, fine. There are several pools, jets in a row shooting out of the pool wall at different heights... there's a system... people walk along in a row to get the full massage effect. There are turkish baths and nordic saunas all included in the price. Massages are separate, and I didn't feel I needed one. Our muscles were loose and limp like spaghetti afterward and all we wanted to do was sleep.

No comments: